Rail Profile Alignment
Free time-limited evaluation software available - see below.
Rail Profile Alignment Software is a desktop application for Microsoft Windows platforms, designed to assist with the analysis of transverse rail profile data according to the method of prEN13231-3:2003, and to assist with the assessment of rail wear. The software accepts measurement data produced by the Greenwood Engineering MiniProf instrument.
- Graphical display of reference profile together with up to 10 measured profiles simultaneously.
- Selectable alignment to gauge point (B1) or gauge corner (B2) on the reference profile. Alternatively, alignment can be made to a bottom corner of the reference profile in order to asses railhead wear.
- Graphical display of the measured profile deviations from the reference profile, together with optional simultaneous display of the prescribed tolerance bands.
- Calculation of averaged deviation data
- Export of aligned profile and deviation data to Microsoft Excel compatible CSV (comma separated variable) text files.
- Export of graphical data to the Windows clipboard, to allow direct pasting into report documents.
- The ability to correct measured profiles for angular misalignment of the MiniProf instrument during measurement.
- Pre-settable rail inclination
The software has been designed to be easy and simple to use, to maximise productivity in the analysis of large numbers of measurements.
For more information, or for details of the free full-featured evaluation software, please contact us.